Thursday, August 25, 2011

Baby Face: 24 Weeks

Here are a couple of pictures from our 24 week appointment with MFM (maternal fetal medicine). I can hardly believe that we are already 26 weeks along with this little peanut. Baby girl is active and healthy, but being monitored closely for IUGR.  I'm carrying her on my left side (carried Segen on my right) and she's already getting close to my rib cage with those little kicks of hers!  Feeling blessed beyond belief.



She wanted to have her little hand up by her face for all of the picutres.



You can see her profile on the far left side of the image (smushed against the placenta...fun!).


Giving everyone a happy "thumbs up."

5 comments:

Megs said...

Aw yay!! Love to hear the updates!! :) Glad to hear you are still doing well!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Can't wait to hear all about your baby girl!

CG said...

Congrats. She looks lovely.

penwhit said...

Hi Mel,

My name is Lisa. I am glad I stumbled upon your site. I am not one to post or need to share my story with everyone, but browsing at your journey, it seems as though your story is very similar to mine.

Thanks for posting your story on-line where I could find it and feel not so alone in my frustrations.

Our first pregnancy, in the spring of 2010, miscarried at 9 weeks. CT scan after pain showed a small fibroid, no action necessary. We were sent home with the better luck next time diagnosis.

Our second pregnancy, Marion, we carried to 26 weeks at which point a routine appointment showed no heartbeat. We were induced to deliver her. She was stillborn on July 10, 2011.

Probable diagnoses include Blood Clotting Disorder (protein S deficiency) and a BU or SU. I am in the process of navigating the medical system to get answers for Marion's death and assurances for my next pregnancies.

Currently, I am playing phone tag with my doctor to get an MRI ordered to accurately diagnose the SU/BU. I feel like I am constantly fighting the medical field/doctors to get the best care for me and my children. I would love to chat with you or have you please share with me any advice you have or anything/anyone you found to be helpful.

If I don't choose to or have to have surgery, we can start trying again on my next cycle.

I hope to hear back from you and thanks again for sharing your story.

Anonymous said...

Mel!! I have thought of you so much! SO frickin' excited for you that baby girl will be here soon. Let's talk over email!
lesley(at)cloverkids(dot)com
xoxoxo