A warm welcome to anyone who may be visiting via ICLW...and *hugs* to all my faithful blogger buddies. I'm so happy that you've chosen to visit my little part of the blogosphere.
My story at a glance looks a little something like this:
July 2002: Lost my first pregnancy.
2002-2005: Adrift in the post-college, post-graduate world of what in the heck do I do with my life now?!?
July 2005: Married my favorite comedian, cook and very best friend--C.
August 2007: Threw away BC pills. Planned to really start "trying" for baby in the summer of '08.
March 2008: Surprise positive pregnancy test!
May 2008: Doppler can't detect a heartbeat. Ultrasound doesn't look good. Lost baby at 10 weeks 1 day. Found out I had a congenital uterine anomaly. Had to have 2 D and C's because doctor "missed" one side of my uterus.
June 2008-October 2008: Subjected to a myriad of diagnostic tests with RE and OB. Diagnosed with an inherited blood clotting disorder that will require me to take blood thinning shots during any subsequent pregnancy and 6 weeks post-partum. I'm told that I'm at high risk for placental abruption, IUGR, incompetent cervix and pre-term labor.
October 2nd, 2008: Digital pregnancy test says "pregnant." Commence freak-out. Immediately call hematologist and start hep.arin shots and progesterone supplements.
October 2008 to February 2009: Various pregnancy scares...spotting, cramping, one trip to labor and delivery, pelvic rest, and ZERO exercise allowed. Enjoyed feeling the first flutters of life growing inside me...pleasant flutters have slowly become the first official kicks and punches of pregnancy.
...which brings us to where we are today. 24 weeks pregnant and more in love with this little boy growing inside of me than I had ever imagined humanly possible. Amid intense anxiety and a few tears, I'm attempting to come to terms with the fact that my body is cooperating, and that we may actually be welcoming new life into our world in just a few short months.
So much for the "holding pattern"...huh?
7 years ago


13 comments:
It's so hard to believe we may actually get what we've been waiting for, isn't it? I'm so glad that your body is cooperating and your baby is thriving!
just catching up after a long time away. great to hear that things are progressing well - 24 wks! wow!!!!!
wishing you all the best,
Mo
Congratulations on making it this far. Hope the rest is smooth sailing!
Congratulations! It's so hard to believe that there will be an actual baby at the end of all of this. I'm glad I found your blog!
FYI I also take blood thinners when pregnant, it's no fun.
ICLW
You've had quite the journey! I truly hope things continue to go well. Stories like yours continue to give me hope that I might make it through this pregnancy with a baby.
I was reading and feeling such sorrow for you, THEN I saw that your pregnant right now and I got so excited! 24 weeks?! WOW, that's great! I hope your body continues to cooperate for you. Have a great day!
*ICLW*
Huge congrats on your pregnancy! I ended up on lovenox for my post secondary IF baby. Its not fun but well worth it. Can't wait to hear good news in about three months.
Nice to meet you!!!! Congrats on your pregnancy! I really hope you can finish these fabulous 9 months with as little anxiety as possible!!!
ICLW
Wow--you've been through so much already! Here's to an uneventful 16 more weeks of pregnancy and a beautiful, healthy baby boy!
Thanks for the comments!
:)
Congrats on the little one! You worked hard for it!
Just checking in after awhile! Congrats on getting to this point of your pregnancy! I'm sure everything will be great. We just found out yesterday that we're having twin boys from our 18 week ultrasound!!!
Congratulations! I am so happy to hear when someone who has gone through what you have is successful. Wishing you continued success for the rest of your pregnancy and beyond!
Congratulations on your pregnancy! I hope that it is smooth sailing to your due date.
Post a Comment