Thursday, April 23, 2009

Status Quo and Couldn't Be Happier

I had my 32 week (+ 4 day) appointment with Dr. OB on Tuesday. My weight was down a pound from two weeks previous, my blood pressure was a healthy 110/78 and my belly measured right at 32 weeks. Much to my surprise, the doctor ordered a growth scan and biophysical profile and managed to sneak us in to my favorite ultrasound tech right away. I had been totally prepared to plead my case for non-stress tests and scans ASAP...but was left speechless when he took the initiative to step-up my care. Hoooray! We immediately went down to the US room and got to sneak another peak at our (not-so-little) guy! I've yet to hear back about the score from the BPP, but from what the ultrasound tech shared with us, it looks like baby Pat is doing very well in his oddly-shaped home! His presentation is even head-down right now, which can be a rarity in women with bicornuate uteri...finding baby in breech presentation is much more common. I'll start weekly non-stress tests next Tuesday and visit with Dr. OB every-other-week until mid-May. After that, it's weekly visits with Dr. OB too. Cervical checks will start in another 3-4 weeks. Wow. How did we make it here already?!

Looking back at the past 32 weeks and 6 days, I marvel at the events that have taken place in my life. In so many ways, the past 32+ weeks have FLOWN by, but in others, I feel like we've been waiting for this little guy FOREVER. I cherish every kick, punch and wiggle and I marvel at how incredibly blessed we are.

My pregnancy. By the numbers:

*460 shots of Heparin in the tummy...which also means at least 460 alcohol swabs, gauze pads and mini ban.d aids!

*ZERO cups of caffeinated coffee. (Oh how I miss you, dear, sweet, caffeinated Lattes!)

*7 Pairs of maternity jeans (I'm pretty sure MM's secret fit bel.ly waist bands are one of my new favorite wardrobe details...ever!)

*10+ jars of baby dill pickles

*7 Beautiful Ultrasounds

*Only one "minor" fall (Which is AMAZING for me!)

*Two emergency trips to labor and delivery

*91 Crin.one progesterone coochie gel inserts

*One new, random lower abdominal stretch mark...WTF?!

*2? broken ribs

*15+ Vitamin B-12 shots for killer morning (all-day) sickness

*28 weeks of pelvic rest (poor, sweet husband!)

*28 blood draws to monitor heparin levels (Thank goodness for strong, prominent arm veins!)

*Countless happy tears

And finally...

*Only ??? weeks until his arival.

I truly couldn't be any happier with THIS holding pattern.

4 comments:

Beautiful Mess said...

This is definitely a wonderful holding pattern! I'm so happy and excited for you, Mel! You've been through a lot, but when Pat is in your arms, all of that will vanish.
*HUGS*

Anonymous said...

EEEEEEeeeee! 32 weeks!!!!

Hold on for the slowest 8 weeks of your life that are coming up next! It very well might make you crazy, but I'll be here cheering you on. I am just so happy for you!

Oh, and pleeeeease get lots of sleep starting now. Labor and new mommyhood are going to make you vewy vewy TIRED. :)

xox

Anonymous said...

Glad the care is a bit better, I thought we'd all have to come help you chew out a doctor or two! Glad the little one is doing well in his squished home, and head down too, that's great! Hope it is smoth sailing from here on out for you.

I Believe in Miracles said...

I love this post sweetie!! Wow. I can't believe it. How time flies. SO SO SO exciting.
~~HUGS~~