Thursday, July 16, 2009

Friday Night at the Fair

I've been working on this post in bits and pieces for the past 4 days...finding moments between Segen's little cat naps and feeding time. Just when I think I have a routine down, our little guy throws me a curve ball and decides to sleep all afternoon or keep me up until 3 am in fitful cries. Each day brings unique challenges and wonderful moments of bonding...and they all fly by! I can't believe our guy is already a month old. He's getting so big!

We had a fantastic night out last Friday at the fair. Our little chipmunk decided to sleep the entire time, but that didn't stop us from taking advantage of some classic photo ops!

Enjoying the super yummy footlong corndogs with mommy and daddy...sleeping.


Listening to the super loud music and watching rides...sleeping.

Hanging out with the goats at the petting zoo...sleeping.


And finally, posing with daddy...sleeping? Or is that a smile I see on his face? Sometimes, I swear he's faking us out and only "pretending" to sleep to avoid more pictures!


We then spent a beautiful Saturday afternoon at the lake cabin, and Segen even got to try on his lifejacket for the very first time for a nice, sunny pontoon ride. (Which he also slept through. Go figure.)

Sitting on Grandma's lap enjoying a complemntary beverage on the cruise.


Posing with mommy and daddy after an exhausing ride. (Can you tell he's about to have a melt down? Red face?)


We've been on the go-go-go! So what have you all been busy with this summer?

2 comments:

Beautiful Mess said...

Aww he is so darn sweet! Hey little man, you miss all the excitement by sleeping ALL day. A few naps are GREAT but sleeping at night is where it's at. TRUST ME! ;o)
*HUGS*

Courtney said...

How fun! I love the pictures.
This summer I'm working through summer school, but I'll tell ya, it's free air conditioning! That's how I'm keeping cool.