Friday, July 10, 2009

New Baby = No Blogging

Wow! There is NO way to adequately explain how a baby consumes your life. It's amazing, exhausting, frustrating and rewarding all at the same time. With that in mind, I'll do a quick bullet point update on the last two weeks highlights and events of note.

*Lost umbi stump on Monday, June 29th. Momma was almost a bit teary that the final physical "link" between the two had disconnected.


*Met new pediatrician on July 1st. Weighed in at a whopping 9 lbs. 12 oz! Putting on weight like a champ. Taking bottles of pumped milk during the day when fussiness seems to keep him from eating well at the breast.

*Also had first photo shoot on July 1st. Right on cue...filled diaper upon arrival at the studio.


*July 2nd...First real outing to cousin's birthday party at the State Park. Slept the entire time.

*Spent the 4th of July weekend (Mommy's big 3-0!) at the lake with cousins Big H and Little H.


*Got first submersion bath and actually seemed to enjoy it!

*Loving the Baby Bj.orn, being held and stroller rides. Hating swing and vibro chair. Basically attached to mommy in one way or another unless sleeping.


*Super-fussy-freak-out time is officially set for 12:30-1:30 am every morning. Sleeping 2.5-3.5 hours at night. Mommy and Daddy are often at wit's end to soothe baby. Ordered Happ.iest Ba.by on the Blo.ck DVD with high hopes for some help!

*Mommy has finally learned to rest when Segen's resting...after crashing the first week trying to keep up with housework while he slept. That was not smart.

*Big brother Duke is absolutely exhausted from all of the late nights and early mornings!


*Likes to be swaddled to sleep and likes the sound of a "fuzzy" radio station or his soothing teddy bear. Also loves to sleep with hands next to face.


*Going to the fair tonight to enjoy some yummy food and a stroller ride with mommy and daddy!

Enjoy the weekend everyone!

9 comments:

nightsky said...

Awww, he is really beautiful. I read your blog in the past weeks and was checking daily for updates. Finallly they came ;) CONGRATULATIONS proud momma! I hope some day I will get to hold a babay too!

Megs said...

Ahhh he is soooo adorable! And I am sure Duke is just right there with you whenever he starts to cry :) Thanks for the update!!!

Beautiful Mess said...

Love the photos! Especially the last one, thank you! Glad your resting when he is, it's a hard lesson to learn BUT an important one! YAY for big brother Duke helping out with baby duties ;o)
*HUGS*

Anonymous said...

Happiest Baby has definitely helped us. Make sure to use a good swaddle blanket too, one they can't work their arms out of. I have a Swaddle Me and a Miracle Blanket, both work good, although the Miracle Blanket really is "that good" and worth the 30 bucks it cost. When you have a fussy baby, you'll do anything.

I hear ya on the messy house. Ours looks like a tornado went through. You can't even see the dining room table! But, like you, I am learning it doesn't matter. Hope you can get a bit more sleep here soon! Hugs!

Courtney said...

Fabulous updates. You have so much going on. I'm glad you're happy, and I'm praying for more sleep for you guys!

Beckini said...

Mel, he is so cute! Who do you think he looks more like, right now? I think maybe you, but then again I have only actually seen C once. Make sure you do rest because your body needs to recover! I know how hard it is, though, not to keep up with the house when you get the chance. Gotta just find that balance. I hope Segen moves out of the middle-of-the-night fussy phase! Take care and thanks for the update! I have been waiting for more photos. :)

I Believe in Miracles said...

Love these updates sweetie!! So so cute. Keep posting them. Segan is adorable. How are you doing recovering?
~~HUGS~~

Anonymous said...

Damn Mel, that's a good lookin' kid!! Love all the pictures.

To answer your question, no I didn't do Ty.lenol beforehand, but I did do it after his last shots and it cleared up the minor fever he had within 15 minutes. I was really impressed! Try it before- it can only help.

In unrelated news, I had to get novo.caine injections in my foot yesterday and they hurt so much! Who knew I could get shot averse again so quickly?!

Ashley said...

So cute, Mel! I'm so glad your family is doing well,, including Duke! Enjoy this time because it will fly by!