Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Hot Mess

Overnight low: -29 degrees. Temperature with Wind Chill: -47 degrees. High so far today: -16 degrees. Brrrrrrr! I know I ask myself this every winter...but why do we live here? The only member of the family who doesn't seem to mind the cold (for the few moments that we let him outside) is Duke.


Duke is going stir-crazy, and so is mommy. I've been home from work with the stomach flu for the past two days. Poor baby Pat. My stomach sounds like I've swallowed angry kitties. That's gotta be loud in-utero. C. has also been pulling 24 hour shifts at work, so I haven't had much adult/human interaction or conversation in the past 48 hours. Help me!

I have a new found respect for anyone that has ever been a bed-rester. I've been on my back (actually my left side) for a little over two days and I've already lost the will to shower. Yup. I'm a hot mess.

3 comments:

I Believe in Miracles said...

I hope you feel better soon!! I can't believe how cold it is there. I'm worried that the high tom is going to be 12! Ugh. When is the sun coming back?!?
~~HUGS~~

Megs said...

Really hope you feel better soon!! I cant believe it is that cold there!! Yikes! It's about 4 degrees here now and I dont like it much. Hang in there!!

Courtney said...

My friends' husband says his dream is to someday be put on bedrest. I laughed when he said that and replied that I'll be it's fun for about 2 hours and after that it's awful. Most of the people agreed with me. I hope you're feeling better by now, and good luck with that cold weather! Yikes, that's cold.