It's now official! I've graduated from the RE! I had my 9 week ultrasound this morning, and little baby decided to wave its teeny arms at us. C. laughed out loud when he saw the little nubs flailing around. I had to pinch myself. It was amazing. Baby is hanging out upside down right now, measuring at 9 weeks and 4 days with a regular, strong heartbeat. It all feels so surreal. My progesterone is on the rise (23.4) and my HcG was a strong 86,554. No wonder I feel so sick!

I also had my first intake appointment with a nurse at the OB's office, and when she heard how nauseous I've been all day (hence my silence in the blogosphere...I'm so sorry!) she suggested I get B6 shots 2x's weekly. I was all for any attempt to quell the storm that's been brewing in my tummy for the past four weeks! What I wasn't ready for was another near-fainting spell after the shot in my behind, but the nurse had me lay down and she held my legs way up in the air which had me feeling better in no time at all. (That's the most action I've gotten in a long time!) I think my blood pressure was just low this morning and after being stuck for the FOURTH time all before 11 am, my body had enough!
I still in awe that we've made it this far. I'm beyond thankful to be moving forward...slow and steady. I'm learning to enjoying every moment of this journey. I am SO blessed.


8 comments:
Horray! Graduating is so great (though a little nerve wracking.) My RE experience, like most, was full of lots of U/S. Ob's are less scan happy:( Booooo!
Sorry you are feeling so ill. Such is pregnancy. And you ARE very pregnant!
Happy Graduation!!!
Wow. Seriously?! That's so exciting.
**HUGS**
YEAH! You are doing awesome. I hope the shots curb your nauseousness. Good luck!
I am SOOOO thrilled for you!!! I hope these next few weeks pass quickly and you'll feel less pukey soon!
And my only assvice with the OB is to make sure you're a strong advocate for yourself with the shots, etc. They aren't as used to freaky patients as the RE is, and tend to blow off questions and concerns. YOU know your body best!!
Big big hug!!
yay! you are a graduate! I am so happy for you!!
Awww, Just precious.
Nauseau is getting me also, all day long. I hope we both start to work out of it soon.
Thanks for visiting my blog.
Congrats on graduating! That must feel great! I'm so sorry to hear that your OB experience was not a very good one though. I'm going through the same thing with my OB/GYN right now too (though I'm not pregnant yet). I will definitely be switching over to a midwife once I am pregnant. You have a right to good quality care for yourself and your baby and if she's not doing it for you, then it's time to move on. Congrats on seeing the baby though, that must be so exciting!
Post a Comment