Thursday, November 27, 2008

Turkey and potatoes and stuffing...oh my!

Happy Turkey Day! I don't know if I could even enumerate all of the things that I'm thankful for in life. I feel so very blessed to be exactly where I am right now. Granted, life isn't perfect...the house is a mess, there's family drama I've been dealing with for the past few weeks, I'm trying to let go of the unrealistic amount of control I want to have over this pregnancy, Duke thinks rabbit droppings are puppy trail mix (Ewww!)...but despite all of those things, I have a million other positive aspects to rejoice about! I hope that you all had time to enjoy friends, family and celebrate the freedom that we enjoy in this country. C. and I had a very quiet Thanksgiving day...which was wonderful! C. did the cooking and, in my opinion, aced everything. I ate far too much. (But it's for the baby too, right?!) Green bean casserole has always been my favorite, especially when made with fresh green beans. Mmmmm! We will be celebrating with my family tomorrow night.

The doppler arrived yesterday...much to our delight! I've included a picture here, and I apologize in advance for its quality. Husband was holding the main part of the doppler and shooting a picture with his camera phone all while trying not to expose any more of me than necessary. Tried to keep it very PG! Finding the little one was a task, but when we realized that my heart rate was the 80 and baby’s was the 172, it was nothing short of AWESOME! None of the docs that I've seen to date have taken time to do the in-office doppler (other than the RE who let us listen with the vag cam) so it was that much more special. I think it's finally sinking-in for C. He smiled from ear-to-ear when I finally found the roomie's beautiful HB. Money well spent!


I think I've officially failed my second go-round of ICLW. I need to catch-up on two days of commenting, and I really like to reply to everyone who leaves a note for me. That may take awhile because there have been SO many thoughtful, kind comments left on my past few posts. The supportive, nurturing nature of this community never fails to amaze me! Thank you!

Again, I hope everyone enjoyed a relaxing, restful Thanksgiving day! It’s back to work for part of the day for me tomorrow before enjoying a quiet weekend at home. Now there’s something to be thankful for!

4 comments:

CappyPrincess said...

Gotta love new toys, eh? Especially ones that help us more fully connect (and feel at ease).

I'm glad you're both enjoying the doppler.


ICLW

..al said...

Oh don't worry...I am not crackers at ICLW either!

And glad that you got the doppler and had a fun thanksgiving. All the best!

admin said...

Happy thanksgiving to you!
Oh, I wish I would have gotten a doppler... But I would have probably become obsessed with it:)
m

Heather said...

Happy Thanksgiving! And congrats on the doppler! That is so cool to find the heartbeat! I'm hoping we see one tomorrow at my first ultrasound of this pregnancy.