
Hubby and I did our civic duty and cast ballots to "cancel out" one another's vote. We both lie on opposite ends of the political spectrum on most issues. However, I'm never one to vote and tell. I'll let you guess where my loyalties lie. I hate political rhetoric of any kind, but feel strongly about participating in our country's democratic process.
We're still waiting for my sister's "little" guy to arrive. She measuring at 41.5 weeks and I've warned her that babies on our side of the family tend to have huge heads...even bigger when they go past their due date! (Am I an awful sister, or what?!?) The baby still looks great. He passed the NST with flying colors today and she's set for induction on Sunday if he's not here before then. The midwife that she sees insists on stripping her membranes...youch! She's had it done twice now in the past week and a half. Seems a bit overzealous if you ask me. (Personally, would NOT let this lady anywhere near my lady parts. But you did not hear that from me.)
We had a bit of "excitement" with a relative this morning. My uncle's boat sunk while he was fishing alone last night, and it actually caused him to go into cardiac arrest. (His third heart attack.) He was in 50 degree water with just one small life jacket for over an hour. The first rescue team that showed-up didn't even have a boat to go out onto the water and get him. Huh?! He's in a local hospital and stable for the time being, but still very weak. C. and I will be with him tonight. If you think of it, please keep him and his family in your prayers.
We're still waiting for my sister's "little" guy to arrive. She measuring at 41.5 weeks and I've warned her that babies on our side of the family tend to have huge heads...even bigger when they go past their due date! (Am I an awful sister, or what?!?) The baby still looks great. He passed the NST with flying colors today and she's set for induction on Sunday if he's not here before then. The midwife that she sees insists on stripping her membranes...youch! She's had it done twice now in the past week and a half. Seems a bit overzealous if you ask me. (Personally, would NOT let this lady anywhere near my lady parts. But you did not hear that from me.)
We had a bit of "excitement" with a relative this morning. My uncle's boat sunk while he was fishing alone last night, and it actually caused him to go into cardiac arrest. (His third heart attack.) He was in 50 degree water with just one small life jacket for over an hour. The first rescue team that showed-up didn't even have a boat to go out onto the water and get him. Huh?! He's in a local hospital and stable for the time being, but still very weak. C. and I will be with him tonight. If you think of it, please keep him and his family in your prayers.
*Update*
Uncle has been moved out of the cardiac ICU and hopes to be dicharged some time on Sunday. He still has his great sense of humor...he was very upset that he lost the 5 "monster" fish he had in the boat when it went down, and insisted that someone get him an absentee ballot to vote on Tuesday. He still has a long road to complete recovery, but feels lucky to be alive. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.


2 comments:
Tidbits just seems like such a happy word, I totally wasn't expecting the "excitment". That's scary. Praying.
**HUGS**
Just wanted to say thank you for your post on my blog for my friend= very much appreciated.
I hope your uncle will make a full recovery. Thinking of you.
Post a Comment