I couldn't help but cry when I checked my comments today. The ladies of the IF/TTC blogosphere (and all others who stopped!) are beyond amazing. I feel so blessed and comforted by your words of wisdom regarding my less-than-stellar OB appointment. It has reaffirmed my decision to seek-out care from a different doctor. The only downside to my decision is the fact that I'm locked-in with this hospital group (if I want my services to be covered by insurance) and there is a small chance the "Dr. No Time For Me" may ultimately deliver this baby if she's on-call. But I was reminded by many friends that I wouldn't have to deal with her for the next 7 months. Thank you, thank you, and thank you again to each and every one of you who took time to comment!
On Wednesday, I asked around at work about OB's that some of my closest and most trusted co-workers doctored with. My boss had her first child at 41 after a successful IUI, and she highly recommended her male OB that practices at a different satellite clinic still affiliated with this hospital group. I got on the phone, talked with his nurse, expressed that I had "high-risk issues" and set-up an appointment 4 weeks out. The nurse called back within an hour and said that the doctor would actually like to meet with me in 2 weeks (December 2nd) instead of the standard 4. It's a miracle! A doctor who has time for me?! I kept the appointment set for December 23rd with Dr. No Time For Me, just in case. I also hope to address some of my concerns (monitoring cervix and placental blood flow) with the MFM doctor that I see for my Nuchal Fold screen on December 4th. I like having options. Options are good.
The twice-weekly B6 shots seem to be helping keep my nausea at bay for the majority of the day. I usually start my morning with a cup of ginger tea, and that keeps me going while I rush to get ready for work. I still get a bit queasy in the evening, but the workday has been much more tolerable (and productive!). I'm really blessed to have fantastic co-workers who I've entrusted with the secret of my pregnancy and they've been uber supportive and understanding of my frequent trips for doctor visits, blood draws, etc.
We will be celebrating Thanksgiving with C.'s side of the family today, and I think we'll be letting everyone in on our little secret. (I KNOW it's been killing my MIL to keep quiet!) I'm 11 weeks today and starting to show a little tummy bulge that's not so easy to disguise without looking like a total frumpy mess. I have mixed emotions about letting others know. The pregnancy still feels very new and fragile to me, and sharing it with others makes me a bit uneasy.
I broke-down and rented a digital doppler. Control freak. I know. I just can't help it. I'm in love with this amazing little being growing inside me. Guilty as charged.
Finally, welcome to any ICLW'ers that may stop-in this weekend! Thanks for taking time to visit my little part of the world.
7 years ago


24 comments:
Good luck with telling the family ...we're hoping for a Christmas day reveal over here!
I'm glad that you switched OBs ...you deserve more attention than that. And the, "Well you have to use the bathroom comment?" I think I might have punched her. :)
So glad you have an appt with someone else. It's your body and your baby. You have to trust your instincts.
I think I'll probably wind up getting a doppler too. Control freaks unite!
I'm glad that you found another dr. It's really important to have a dr your are comfortable with. Good luck telling the family.
ICLW
There is very little that ranks higher in my mind than the right OB!
Hope you find the one you click with.
ILCW
Sorry I've been MIA - it's that whole thing where my work blocked blogspot... But I've been reading and keeping tabs...
I'm glad you're looking at other options. And I am so excited to hear how you guys will share your news of pregnancy on Thanksgiving. What a neat blessing to get to share and be Thankful for.
=)
Glad you found an OB who sounds accessible! Great you can get in so quickly. I think you're wise to hold on to the other appt "just in case". I suspect when we get pregnant again (after three consecutive losses) that we too will be getting a rented doppler. My husband isn't necessarily on board with this yet but i think it would provide us some dearly needed peace of mind.
Congrats! Glad I found you through ICLW. I'll be adding you to my blog list and following along.
Mo
I'm so happy you found an OB who works for you and not against you. I got a doppler and it's the best thing I ever bought. It reassured me every time I thought "what if something happened and I don't know about it?" Here from ICLW.
Yay for finding a good OB! Good lcuk with yuor pregnancy and have fun telling everyone on Thanksgiving!!
Oh, honey! I'm so glad you opted for a change. You can always go back, if needed, but a consultation may do wonders for you and provide you with greater peace of mind.
I hope you;ll post pictures of your growing baby bump soon and let us know how the reveal f=goes on Turkey day!
Wow, it's been a while since I checked in so I haven't even read your big news until today--Congrats! I am so so happy for you!
I am also glad that you found a new doctor, and I hope that when the day comes you find yourself in the care of a caring OB, hopefully this new OB that you will be seeing soon!
If the decision feels right to YOU then it is the right decision. That's How I go about things, anyway. Good luck with Thanksgiving and CONGRATULATIONS on your pregnancy!
Hugs,
-D *ICLW*
Good for you for standing up for yourself and finding a new doc. I hope this one is as wonderful as the early reports seem to indicate.
ICLW
I'm so glad you found a new OB. Good luck telling the family at Thanksgiving. Since I'll be barely 6 weeks at Thanksgiving, we're just going to tell my MIL and FIL and then clue everyone else in at Christmas.
Yeah!! I'm so proud of you.
**HUGS**
ICLW
So nice when you find a Dr that seems to WANT to help... I hope this new one works out for you!
Congrats on the pregnancy! And yay on finding an OB who appears to have some concern for his patients!
I hope your new OB works out much better.
ICLW
Glad to hear that you found a doctor that sounds promising. Him WANTING to meet you sounds like a great start.
All the best! ICLW
yay I am so glad to hear you found a new OB!! I really hope they are a much better match for you!
have fun sharing the news, ohh so exciting!!! and yay doppler, I am soo addicted to mine! I lOVE it! you will have so much fun with it :)
here from ICLW
Random G thought: I recently pickedup Sugar Free pudding as a dessert habit again. It made me think of you last night... made with MILK. Another way to get that icky stuff in! :)
xo
(probably not the SF though, not sure if it has artificial sweeteners)
congratulations on your pregnancy
The right OB makes all the difference reassuring and addressing your concerns ,especially when you are already high risk and have lost a baby too.
Goodluck on the journey to baby central.
Here from IComLeavWe... (adoption,pregnancy loss, IVF twins)
My Little Drummer Boys
Dear Lord, Please give “peace” at this time. Cover her in your hedge of protection and give her DR the ability to reassure and monitor this precious baby carefully.
Fill her with your strength so that she may get through each day, knowing You are there with her every step of the way. I pray for her comfort in knowing You are in control. Amen.
Congratulations! It's good that you are changing doctors. During this time you need to have a doctor that cares about you and has time for you. Good Luck and I hope you have a great Thanksgiving.
I do hope you fall in love with the new OB. You will be seeing this person so much, and you have to be able to put your trust in him/her. Just the fact that he wants to meet with you in 2 weeks rather than 4 is a positive sign, I agree!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Here from ICLW
Another visitor from ICLW! I just wanted to add my two penn'orth about doctors - no matter how good they say they are (or are recommended), the most important thing is that YOU feel comfortable with them. I mean, some people are quite happy with a doctor who just says "everything will be fine" and so they place their trust in this doctor, but you...? You obviously want a doctor who will listen to you - and listening is a dying art I think!
Anyway, good luck with the second doctor!
Post a Comment