
I'm celebrating the fact that I'm officially done with the Crin.one (progesterone) suppositories! Yipee! I'm thankful that they served their purpose and I really believe that they've played a role in getting me to where I am in my pregnancy now. I'm hoping that the acne and nausea they bestowed upon me will leave sooner rather than later.
I wore a pair of my maternity jeans for the first time today. We had a holiday potluck at work, and I wanted to be able to indulge and enjoy to the fullest! C. called them my "buffet pants." I think he's just jealous of the stretchy elastic waist.
I had my first official fall as a pregnant woman. I have to preface my story by saying that I am one of THE MOST accident-prone women on the face of the planet. I have a titanium plate and six screws in my ankle to attest to my clumsiness. My mom has threatened to cut the heels off of all my boots and shoes countless times. (I *heart* heels!) That being said, I put on a pair of completely impractical boots on Wednesday morning and ended-up sliding down 4-5 of our stairs. I hit my hip, my head and totally bruised my pride. I freaked-out and immediately grabbed the doppler to check on baby Pat (C.'s new name for the roomie.) HB was a healthy 160 bpm. I took half the day off and put my feet up...worried that I'd done permanent damage to Pat. Never mind that I'm majorly prone to bruising because of the Hep.arin. Ugh. The boots have been placed in the goodwill give-away pile, and from now on, I'll be sporting Sket.chers and flats exclusively! Lesson learned.


6 comments:
Your decorations look great! Congratulations on being done with progesterone! My doc keeps lowering how much I need to take, so I'm being gradually weaned.
So glad your fall wasn't a big deal. I also am accident prone, but love heels, so I know how you feel.
BIG, HUGE congratulations on being done with the suppositories! That is a milestone to enjoy!!
I read your comment this morning-- the brace was a piece of sh*t! It slid around on me every time I sat down or stood up, and even at its perfect-fitting-spot, didn't offer very much support. Maybe I bought a crappy one? I don't know.
So how many weeks are you now? I check in on you every day! Thought about indulging in a ticker yet? :)
I'm glad you're taking it easy!! I am such a klutz too, but a metal plate and pins. Geez!!
Good job on stopping suppositories. What an awesome relief!!
Cute Christmas decorations. Maybe I should get a new collar for our pup. That's a great festive idea!!
Have fun at the potluck!
~~HUGS~~
Post pics soon, please!
Just want you to know that I have yet to even start on my Christmas shopping also. Every year we wait for hubby to get his bonus and then we get all our stuff. He gets it today, so I can start shopping soon! Yay! :)
Really glad to hear you are doing well. Glad that your fall was not a bad one. Take care of yourself! :)
((Hugs))
I was the same way with only wanting the minimum of decorations. Too much work to do all of that. Keep life simple from here on out - good plan - it worked for me. Also, I fell when I was 6 months pregnant, so I understand your immediate worry. Glad all things are good and that you're leaving the heels behind (until June). Your body will thank you! Lastly, maternity pants are great. Enjoy them over the holidays and all of the yummy food you'll be able to consume!
Post a Comment