Tuesday, December 30, 2008

TMI and Duke's Top Ten

Another Christmas come and gone...another year about to draw to a close. Time really does speed up as we get older, doesn't it?! Or is it just that when we're children, time is more of an abstract concept than what it becomes when we're adults? Time is no longer measured by how many more hours of daylight we have to play outside or how many more minutes until mom is going to drag us inside for dinner. Now life's moments are dictated by work and schedules and appointments and meetings...ahhh...I digress. Nevertheless, I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!

Monday brought appointment number two with Dr. Supe.rman, who I've now decided is one of my new BFF's. He was running over an hour late for his appointments because he had to go and deliver a baby. (Who could be mad at him for that?!) We were the very last couple in the clinic, and he joked that dinner would be served with our visit. C. requested some pizza, and Dr. Super.man suggested steaks. Did I mention I really like this guy?

Now I must add this disclaimer before I describe my visit...if anyone is squeamish or easily grossed out, I'd stop reading now. This next paragraph is definitely going to fall under the category of TMI.

So as I mentioned in my last post, I had been experiencing some cramping and also what I'd best describe as "pressure" down below. I've also had a ton of clear discharge, so much that I've had to wear a pad during the day. Of course the clear fluid and the pressure had me thinking CERVIX! So I mentioned the issues to Dr. Super.man and he wanted to take a closer look. So he gloves-up, starts poking and prodding around (YOUCH!) and asks if I'm still on my Crin.one progesterone suppositories, to which I say "No. I haven't used those in over a month." He goes on to explain that there's still a TON of the adhesive delivery gel clumped-up and left in there. More poking, sweeping and prodding and three changes of gloves later, he declares that the left over residue has given me a raging yeast infection! Fantastic! That explains the icky discharge and the uncomfortable pressure. Poor C. had to watch this whole feminine fiasco from about three feet away. I'm assured that if this didn't make him lose all desire to ever touch me again, nothing will! I love you honey! The doc also did a manual exam of my cervix and said everything feels firm and closed. Good news!

In much less graphic news, baby Pat will (hopefully) reveal his/her identity on January 28th at my comprehensive ultrasound. I can hardly wait!

Finally, Duke wanted me to share his top 10 Holiday Highlights:


10. Playing in the 14+ inches of new snow at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Getting lost in a huge snow drift.
9. Cardboard box and wrapping paper that he was allowed to tear into 9 bazillion pieces all over the living room floor.
8. Red Ko.ng Frisbee that he now brings to bed with him almost every night.



7. Giant rope ball he loves to drop on mommy and daddy's toes.
6. Rawhide bone from Nana and Papa that is (seriously) the size of my arm.
5. Running up and down the snow pile in the parking lot by his house.
4. Laying on the couch and eating baked Cheet.os with mommy.


3. Super stinky homemade treats from Auntie and Uncle.
2. Stealing mom's new Bopp.y body pillow after she gets out of bed in the morning.
1. Did we mention his new red frisbee?!

7 comments:

I Believe in Miracles said...

Sorry about the infection. Ugh. Makes me want to stick to the PIO and NEVER switch to supositories.

Love the Duke birthday presents.

I can't believe the big reveal is JUST around the corner.

Happy New Year!!

Anonymous said...

Um yuck to that Crin.one! Had no idea it could leave stuff behind. I hate having my husband watch me in the stirrups too... and I'm already loathing the thought of those mirrors in the delivery room. Not sure if he and I were in reversed positions that I'd want to see him like that!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being my first comment!

I know a little dog who has some serious envy for that rawhide bone.

Glad there wasn't a serious problem at the doctor's. Happy new year!

Beckini said...

Glad to hear things are OK with the babes! Also, our dog, Griffin, always stole my body pillow, too. He'd race to the bed to get in it before I could and if I ever got up, he'd waste no time to get in it. Too funny!

sara said...

Yay for a great appointment, a good doctor and a cute doggie! Those pictures are great...I just want to hug the doggie! (and you of course :-)

Heather said...

Happy New Year! Sorry to hear about the infection. I've been taking an acidopholus pill every day with my prenatal hoping to avoid a yeast infection with this pregnancy. I know I'm more susceptible to them when I am PG. Hope you feel better soon!

Just Me. said...

Sorry to hear about the infection. I hope you're feeling better today.

Those pictures are just lovely! I am a huge dog lover.