
Tuesday of last week brought a surprise March blizzard to our area and an actual snow day (no way to get to work and no travel advised for our entire area) on Wednesday. Two of our local W.al-Ma.rt's even closed their doors...I know! Wally World never closes! The picture above is a street view (on my way to work) after the snow had been moved from parts of the road on Thursday. The pics below were stolen from my sister's blog. She and her adorable little family live about 12 blocks away. The drifts and the wind were amazing. Some people who lived in neighborhoods with less mature tress than we have were literally drifted into their homes. You're jealous fellow bloggers, I know! Thankfully the weekend has brought us melting temperatures, and the drifts will soon be a thing of the past. (Can anyone say flooding, perhaps?!)
...and a few pics of the progress we've made on baby boy's nursery. The picture with the bookshelf gives the truest view of the color on the walls. The other pics are from my camera phone and make the walls look more blue-green. I'm still waiting for the window treatments to arrive, and I've commissioned one of my mom's best friends to make a slipcover for the glider rocker cushions. I also ordered a fun stencil "decal" from this site to place above the crib. I went with the classic line from the book "Gue.ss How Mu.ch I Lov.e You" and it will read: "We love you right up to the moon...and back." I bawled as I designed it and imagined it above his crib. I've been doing a lot of happy crying lately.



Finally, a 27 week belly shot. How in the world did I get this big?! I think my tummy has finally outpaced my chest. Husband wasn't sure that would ever happen. Har har.


7 comments:
Beautiful bump! WOW, that's a lot of snow you all got! His room is really nice. I love the color of the walls. you guys did a wonderful job! happy tears is a GOOD thing!
That is such a beautiful saying to go on the wall! It makes me teary eyed too (dang hormones). The room looks great!
I love the room! What soothing colors. And what an adorable bumps!
Wow, such a beautiful room! I love the chocolate brown furniture with the blue. Love it! The saying is also really nice. I'm really happy for you and love reading about the progress!
The room looks great. I love the colors and the quote is too cute. I would cry like crazy too!
The room is beautiful!! And you look great!!! Glad to hear you guys werent snowed in for too long. I dont know about you, but Im ready for the spring weather :)
And yes, the cruise is going to be wonderful...but waaaay too far away!!
Love the nursery pictures!!
I'll echo it right back at you -- you're 27 weeks??? WOW!! Time does fly. BIG TIME.
You look adorable. :o)
And with the bikini - it might be the only thing that gives me relief from carrying a babe in the middle of summer in the humidity, not because I'll look all cute. ;o)
~~HUGS~~
PS - wow. snow. ouch!
Post a Comment