I had my 25 week appointment last Friday and passed my glucose tolerance test with flying colors! I think my glucose level 1 hour post-test was like 81. Good job body! In my opinion, the secret to passing the screening is to eat a bag of jelly beans over the course of 2-3 days before you have to take your test. After jellybean sugar overload, my body LAUGHED at the 50g of glucose in the drink!
Baby Pat's nursery transition is in full-swing. Walls have been painted light blue. Furniture arrived. New ceiling fan has been hung. There are still a million little details that need attending to...things like trim painting, new window treatments, side table and lamp...but all-in-all it's really starting to look more like a little boy's room and less like this room I talked about in a post here. I'll have some fun before and after pictures to share once things are in place.

Two of the guys in my life (C. and Duke) are sick right now, and I think I'm catching whatever it is that C. is battling. It's been puke, sneeze and snot central at our house for the past week. Yummy, huh?! We've made two trips to the vet with Dukie, and at this point all we can determine is that he picked-up some type of a bacterial infection in his GI tract. We get to give him 5 pills in the AM, 2 at noon and another 5 in the PM. Poor little guy. We see the vet again tomorrow afternoon, so hopefully we're told he's on the road to recovery. I hate not knowing how to make him feel better...if only our furry friends could talk to us, right?

(Duke is keeping all corn and corn-based products far away from me. I still get violently ill when I eat them. What a good gaurd doggy!)


6 comments:
Congrats on passing! Did you fast before the test or eat a normal breakfast? My doc told me to eat before, I really hope I pass too!
Dude, double digits! Crazy talk, time is flying by (well from my perspective).
Nice work on passing the glucose test :) On to more jellybeans!
Way to go on your glucose test! Jelly beans, huh? Good tip. Yay for double digits. before you know it, you're going to be in SINGLE digits..WOW!
I'm so glad you passed your test and are in the double digit countdown! Whoohoo!
I can't wait to see the transformation of the room.
Hey girl- thanks for the nomination!! It took me a few days, but now I've got mine up! xox
I'm totally loving me some Duke photos! Why oh why do I still love doggie photos as much if not more than ultrasound photos...hope that doesn't sound weird. I'm just a total dog lover! I'm glad everything is going well and that you're 25 weeks. What great new! ((hugs))
Post a Comment