I had to include this picture in my post. This is my precious 6 month-old nephew, Little H. He decided that C's cheek looked delicious! Pretty adorable, huh? He's going to be our little guy's daycare buddy at Nanna's house this fall.The past month has basically been a whirlwind of appointments. I'm now seeing Dr. OB and having non-stress tests weekly. I visited with my hematologist last week and discussed the possibility of induction (what?!) once I get closer to my due date. It all still feels very surreal. I have been prepared this entire pregnancy to have a pre-term, emergency c-section for a breech baby. Amazingly, I've actually come out on the "normal" side of statistics thus far. We have a healthy baby boy, head-down, who's showing no sign of making his entrance at 36 weeks and 5 days.
I had my first manual check at my Monday appointment. Cervix has softened, but I'm not dilated at this point. Doctor OB is NOT on the same page as hemo about induction. Go figure. I had to call hemo's office and ask for some help working with Dr. OB. How exactly is it my job to go back and forth with different information!? They work in the same hospital system, but obviously have very different views on pregnancies/labor and delivery. I'm not ready to risk this little guy's life because they have a difference of opinion. I'm all about letting him make his entrance naturally, but if that's going to put my life or his life in danger, NO WAY!
Breastfeeding class last weekend with our lactation consultant Fran, was very helpful! I went from feeling like I knew ZERO about feeding to actually being pretty comfortable with my body and my ability! C. said he would have liked to see more real-life demonstrations. The fake stuffed breast was apparently not very "realistic." Goofy boys.
I'm happy to report my car is as good as new. New paint. New sheet metal "skins" on the doors...whatever those are!
Is it completely silly to be taking-on two major house projects just a few weeks before our due date? We're in the process (read: waiting for painter/contractor to get their arses in gear) of painting the exterior of our home and re-carpeting the entire lower level. At this point, I just want things put back together!
I almost lost it at Moth.erhood Mat.er.nity today. As I placed the dress I wanted to purchase to wear to my baby shower this weekend (A little last minute you say?! Sigh. Long story.) on the counter, the sales lady asked me how many weeks I had left. I replied "just about three," and the girl next to me squealed "MEEEE TOO!" I proceeded to look down at her baby bump that I SWEAR was resting directly between her legs. Her baby was THAT low. Then I looked at my bump wedged up under my ribs. I wanted to cry. Either our baby has a huge butt and his head is low or he's still just riding that high.
And finally, before I put everyone to sleep, my newest tummy pics. I'm 5'9" and most of my height is in my torso. I can't even imagine what my poor mother went through when she carried high and very central like this with a 5'0" frame. The woman is a saint.




6 comments:
You look adorable and believe it or not, I'm starting to think home renovation projects other than the nursery are very common during pregnancy. We put hardwood floors all through the downstairs when I was pregnant with our daughter. Of course this also blossomed into new paint and some trim work.
You're beautiful! I'm 5'2" and I carried like your mom, no fun! So being a tall beautiful woman, really does help! I think the taking on two house projects is a good idea, you'll get them done by the time your little guy(!) gets here.
Enjoy your day!
*HUGS*
You look so cute! I'm glad your NSTs are going well and everything is hunky dory. I know the feeling of thinking your babe is going to arrive in a blaze of glory and then just being shocked by boredom!
No you're not crazy for doing big house projects-we did too! Tearing out plaster and putting all new wiring, insulation, and drywall-it was a mess but thankfully we are done! Your bump is cute! Don't worry, I haven't dropped either. Glad everything is going well with the baby!
nearly 37 weeks? Holy schmoley! Where did the time go?
And Mel, you look absolutely radiant. Your bangs are adorable, and I love your belly! Super awesome. Hang in there....you are so darn close!
You are beautiful!!!
Post a Comment