Thursday, May 7, 2009

Racing Stripes

A newly 17 year-old boy and his little buddies decided my car needed a racing stripe down the entire passenger side. Nice new look, huh? Thankfully I was approaching an intersection and only going about 15-20 mph when this happened. Of course, the kid's "tank"...a 1987 Buick...had zero damage. Go figure. He also claimed total responsibility. (Uh, Duh?!)


I have to keep reminding myself...it could have been SO much worse. But it didn't help my nerves/temper/hormonal-ness that the police officer who came to the accident scene was a major a-hole who really didn't care about helping us out (officer simply know as # 298) or that the crash happened right in front of the city's Grey.hound bus station. We had ALL kinds of very...ummmm..."savory" individuals checking out the scene. The officer also made this kid and I sit next to one another in the backseat of his squad car on hard little plastic seats for nearly 30 minutes because it was more "convenient" for him to ask questions that way. Can you say...slightly awkward?!

I think I'm going to start driving one of these:

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh my word Mel! yikes! I'm so glad you're alright. What a crazy experience. I really hope that kid learned some valuable lessons today. I am so thankful you guys are doing well.
Your belly pictures are adorable by the way. Counting down the days!

Hope2morrow said...

What a pain! I'm glad you are okay, but I have to tell you- I don't like your new racing stripe. :) I'm glad it wasn't purposely done.

The thing that stinks about wrecks is making do without a car while yours gets fixed or getting the rental car. All just a big inconvenience! Yuck. I'm sorry.

Anonymous said...

Gotta love those cops. Glad you're ok though, that's the important thing.

Beautiful Mess said...

UHG how annoying! I won't even say "it could've been worse" because that's just annoying ;o) I think you should get a monster truck. You'd be SO badass!

I Believe in Miracles said...

Sorry bout the car!! Glad you weren't hurt worse. Monster truck = awesomeness. Cops - sometimes they are fabulous, but goodness me?! Yours sounds ANNOYING.
~~HUGS~~