Saturday, May 16, 2009

May 16th, 2008

One year later.

Life has changed in very profound ways over the past year. But the empty space created here in my heart when you left us too soon still remains the same. I'm reminded of you as I prepare your brother's nursery...folding tiny little clothes and socks that could have been placed on your feet...filling picture frames that could have been occupied with your tiny smiles...and I cry. I cry not because you are "lost." I cry because I miss you. I often selfishly wish that it was me and your daddy who were holding you, but I know that your Heavenly Father is holding you in His perfect embrace. I know that one day, we will see you again.

To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven: A time to weep, a time to laugh, a time to mourn, and a time to dance.
Ecclesiastes 3:1,4.


Mommy will love you forever.
5.16.2008

5 comments:

Hope2morrow said...

Thinking of you, Mel.

Beautiful Mess said...

I'm late on commenting. I'm sorry I missed it yesterday. I'm thinking of you and your precious little one today. Holding all of you close to my heart today and always.
*HUGS*

Courtney said...

What a sweet love letter.

Michele said...

That verse was one that we used a lot in their memorials... We have it on our fridge...

Remembering with you.

Anonymous said...

My daughter was born asleep the day before your beautiful baby. I saw you on 'Lost and Found' and wanted to send my love.