It appears as if we're moving in the right direction! After an unscheduled visit to the lovely staff on the labor and delivery floor on Tuesday night, and hearing the disappointing news that I was only a "fingertip" dilated, I received BETTER news at my regular OB appointment yesterday...2cm! Now that's progress. (Even though my boss had to tell me she was at a 2 for the entire last month of her pregnancy. Bah humbug!)
All day Tuesday, I kept experiencing these little gushes of clear fluid...enough to require me to use liners in my super-big-girl-panties to be comfortable. After debating whether I was just being a big wussy/hypochondriac for most of the evening, I finally called the L&D floor Tuesday night around 10 p.m. and asked the nurse's opinion about coming up to get checked. She reassured me that it would NOT be a bad idea to err on the side of caution and make sure baby was doing ok. They also wanted to be sure I didn't have a "high leak." So after nearly 3 hours on the NST machine, a coochie swab, a near-fainting/puking episode and several test strips to check the pH of said secretions, the medical team pretty much decided they couldn't narrow-down what was going on, but baby appeared to be just fine. Weary husband and I collected our things and went home to sleep.
The countdown is REALLY on...just 14 days! Carpet has been installed, but house painting has yet to commence. Baby clothes are washed and put away and my hospital bag is (mostly) packed. Husband is in a wedding this weekend, and his parents are coming up to stay with us despite my NUMEROUS pleas NOT to have ANY overnight company until this baby is born!! I think I may just go to the wedding ceremony with mom and dad-in-law and rent myself a room at the hotel where the reception is being held so I can enjoy some peace and quiet...along with a big whirlpool tub, some room service and a pay-per-view movie. (How terrible am I?!) I have zero interest in entertaining guests, and helplessly watching my newly cleaned and prepared "nest" be invaded by company would be enough to drive me bonkers at this point. I think it's best for everyone's safety if the guests made themselves at home WITHOUT me!
I've talked myself into it...terrible person or not...I'm off to book a room!
7 years ago


1 comment:
OH MY! Baby is on his way! How exciting! Definitely get a room! The whirlpool will do WONDERS on your lower back. Even if you're not sore there. Ahhhhh I can feel it now! Have *try to* a good weekend!
*HUGS*
Post a Comment