Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I'm Abnormal. How About You?


Mail call! I just received the most *helpful* (imagine my most sarcastic voice possible) piece of information from my OB's office (see lab results above). I know it's tough to make-out the details, but it simply has a 12.7 written next to my hemoglobin and a 30.5 written next to my HcG. I love the fact that there's no explanation for the "normal" or "abnormal" status and the fact that it's next to impossible to read the comments. They were kind enough to include "If you have any questions, please contact my office." And I sure would...if I could read the signature or find the number I needed to call! :) What I think I made out is something about 2-3 weeks, which I'm assuming is a note that I need to come in for another blood draw in two to three weeks...which would be THIS week because the letter is dated 6/12. This is the same facility that I've yet to hear from on the status of my kidneys. I had a kidney ultrasound on 6/18 (see Playing the Game). Wouldn't it be great if I received the same type of form letter in the mail for those results?! They'd simply write "kidneys" on a line next to the word "other" and circle it as "abnormal." Can anyone shed some light on declining HcG levels after a D and C? I'm half tempted to take my last remaining HPT and see if I still get a positive...but I think that would be too painful emotionally. Instead, I think I'll be calling my OB's office tomorrow to schedule a blood draw for some time next week.

Other than the groundbreaking news I received in the mail yesterday, everything else has been status quo. DH is out-of-town on business and I seem to drown my sorrows in yummy food when he's gone. The other night, I was craving pizza...mmmmm...pizza. I ordered myself a large cheese pie and proceeded to eat half of it all on my own. I knew Duke wouldn't be telling anyone...as long as I shared some of the crust with him, of course! I got to the point where I physically had to walk the half-eaten pizza out to the OUTSIDE garbage so I wouldn't eat any more. It was painful...but oh so delicious! I swear, cheese has therapeutic properties.

I'm still patiently awaiting AF's arrival. My last D and C was performed on May 23rd...34 days ago. I've read that it often takes 4-6 weeks for hormones to level out and the next cycle to start. Has anyone had a long wait for AF after a loss? If it's not too much to ask for God, I'd really like to see her soon!

2 comments:

Susan K said...

Wow, that note is colossally unhelpful.

My first AF after D&C took 42 looooong days. But it fell in the average range. :P

Good luck!

Mazzy said...

They can't call you to talk about their findings? What a lousy dr's office!