
I talked with my OB's nurse this morning regarding the cryptic letter I received on Wednesday. She was able to "translate" that I did indeed need to come in for another blood draw. She said she'd put a note in the computer and I could stop-in anytime. Would it have been that difficult to tell me that via telephone call? I'm not sure. Maybe I'm asking/expecting too much? While I had her on the phone, I figured I'd at least mention my kidney ultrasound. She said she wasn't sure if the report would have been sent up from radiology yet (it was only done 9 days ago...and radiology is a whole 5 floors away from the OB/Women's Health floor) but that it looked like a note of "normal renal structure" had been entered. Hoooooray! I think. :)
In recent days, I've been debating contacting the lone RE available in town. I'm a bit worried that it may be too premature at this point. Other than poor communication, I feel that my OB has been on-track with my Dx and treatment. The only thing that gives me pause is the hurried way in which Dr. Wonderful (OB) deals with my questions. When I had the follow-up appointment for my D and C, my OB made me feel a bit like my inquiries about uterine structure were premature. In not so many words, I was told to relax and go with the flow. Has anyone moved directly to their RE after initial diagnosis of MA? Do I need to heed the advice of my OB and just chill out for now?
In recent days, I've been debating contacting the lone RE available in town. I'm a bit worried that it may be too premature at this point. Other than poor communication, I feel that my OB has been on-track with my Dx and treatment. The only thing that gives me pause is the hurried way in which Dr. Wonderful (OB) deals with my questions. When I had the follow-up appointment for my D and C, my OB made me feel a bit like my inquiries about uterine structure were premature. In not so many words, I was told to relax and go with the flow. Has anyone moved directly to their RE after initial diagnosis of MA? Do I need to heed the advice of my OB and just chill out for now?
And finally, a bit of reflection before I start my weekend.
Things I've realized about myself after our loss:
*I can be unbearably selfish.
*I take far too many things in life for granite.
*My family loves me more than I could have ever imagined.
*My heart is much more tender than I thought.
*It's tough (if not impossible) to look at myself from other's point of view.
*I would really, really, really (did I say really?) like to be a mommy.


3 comments:
I was not referred to an RE right away--but I really wish I had been. He got to the bottom of my problem almost immediately. My OB was okay--also evasive at the D&C follow-up, claiming not to know anything even though she had said the word "septum" at the D&C--but the tests she ordered turned out to be pretty inconclusive. The HSG and u/s both pointed to MA, and I think she suspected it in the first place. But only the RE can really treat it. So why didn't she just cut out the middlemen expensive tests and refer me to the RE right away? This will keep bothering me for a while.
Oops, I'm getting long-winded. :) I think it couldn't hurt to independently call your local RE to see what kind of experience s/he has with MAs and try to go from there.
First of all, congrats on the two kidneys! Yay! I remember how I was relieved to find out I had two. Second, you are not unbearably selfish silly! Be kind to yourself, you've been through a lot - especially lately and deserve some TLC. I'm glad things are moving along. As far as going to the RE after getting the MA diagnosis, that's a tough one. My RE was the one to make the diagnosis, so I was already seeing him. You may feel more comfy at least talking to the RE to get their thoughts. But either way, just do what you feel best about and I hope you're having a good start to the week!
Hugs
I'd go for the RE given your uterine anomoly. Chances are she/he has more experience dealing with BU's.
Post a Comment