July is a month of celebrations for our family. Our beloved fur-baby boy turns 4 on Wednesday (7/2). I’ve included a picture of the yummy treats he’ll be enjoying when his brother Rex (biological brother that lives with my sister and her family) joins us for his party (cookies, carob pretzles, puppy kisses and p.nut butter puppy cups). There’s a fun little doggy bakery called “Waggy Tail Treats” that always does such a nice job with special occasion treats for pets. I made Duke his own carrot cake last year (substituted no-sugar applesauce for the sugar and flax oil for the vegetable oil in the recipe) but I’m not feeling as ambitious this year. I figured I’d let the pros warm up their ovens in this heat! Last year, he and Rex wore hats and played in the wading pool. I may have to plan some doggy party games for this year’s celebration. If anyone has suggestions…let me know!
The picture below (from last year's celebration) is Duke opening his gift from Rex...yummy treats and a squeaky mail truck.
We’ll also be celebrating with my “fertile sister” (expecting their second in November) and her family on Tuesday (7/1) evening, as their little guy turns 2. He’s having a construction-themed party with all his little buddies. I know for sure that there will be at least three preggo mommies there, but I’m going to put on my biggest, brightest smile and enjoy the time with nephew. And who wouldn’t be happy at a party that’s serving dirt cake?!? Mmmmm!
I’m next in line to celebrate the start of my 29th year with fireworks on Friday (7/4). I’m super-duper excited that my birthday falls on a Friday this year…you can’t go wrong with a three-day weekend! (Still trying to find joy in the simple things…and vacation fills that spot!) C. already surprised me with my present this weekend…but I have to wait two weeks for it to arrive! Booo! We already know how patient I am! I’ll post pictures when it’s finally here.
Finally, C. and I will celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary on July 30th. He has some time away from work the following week, and we’re throwing around the idea of taking a trip together. I just hate that we’ll have to plan around my HSG and follow-up treatments.
As a side note, I DID receive official confirmation that my kidneys are both present and accounted for…mailed and noted on the exact same form letter I received last week (I'm Abnormal. How About You?). I also returned to the hospital today for another blood draw…can you say youch?! I think the needle was about the size of a drinking straw! So, I guess I can anticipate another form letter in a week or two.
Thanks for the feedback I received regarding contacting the RE to look over my files. I’ve decided to wait until after the 4th of July holiday to make an appointment with my PCP (yes, the one I NEVER wanted to see again) to follow the proper referral channels. Gotta love the state of health care/insurance companies today…but we’ll leave that can of worms for a different post.
Time to put my mental focus on CELEBRATIONS!







1 comment:
Save some treats for Finn...he will be there with presents :)
That is too cute. I wanted to do that for Finn's first birthday but it fell on our first wedding anniversary, and right in the middle of our m/c.
As for seeing an RE, I say yes. That's what I'm doing and it feels much better than sticking with my ob-gyn. It depends on what would make you feel more comfortable.
Post a Comment