Wednesday, July 2, 2008

When It Rains, It Pours...Babies!


First of all, I have to say: "Happy Birthday Dukie!" He's at daycare today with all his other fur-buddies, and he brought treats to share!

Well. I made it through last night's birthday party...barely! I was the only woman of childbearing age NOT pregnant at this party. And no, I'm not exaggerating! There were babies galore! Five couples that had at least one child under the age of two and four cute mommies with round bellies. Waaaaaaaa! C. told me it was "good for me." Not really sure what part of being tortured is "good" for a person? Guys just don't get it, do they?

I must confess (as if it's a big secret) that I am NOT a patient person. After mulling around the idea of requesting a referral to an RE and dreading the fact that I'd have to get that referral from my less-than-wonderful PCP, I went ahead and scheduled an appointment to talk with her this afternoon. I'm just praying she'll be open to writing a letter to recommend a visit with the RE. I'm so hungry for information, and I feel like the OB that I've been working with just has far too much on her plate to provide me with the level of attention that I need. Here's hoping that Doc Wonderful will agree and that Mr. RE will have an appointment open some time this CENTURY!

2 comments:

Mazzy said...

Happy birthday to your big baby!! =)

Hoping that your appointment went well.. update us!
*hugs*

sara said...

Good for you for being proactive - and wowwy wow...that's a lot of pregnant women and a lot to stomach all in one room! I still feel weird around large groups of pregnant women - how weird am I? I'm hoping your appointment goes well.