Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Love, Marriage and My HSG

Delays, delays and more delays. After playing phone tag with the scheduler for three days, I finally have a date/time for my HSG…tomorrow afternoon! I’m a teeny tiny bit nervous about how this all will go down, but more than that, I’m excited to be moving forward towards a diagnosis. I’m not extremely hopeful that we’ll find out much from this test, however, it’s a starting point. (That’s my attempt at optimism. Are you convinced?)

DH is out-of-town for work once again this week, which means that all heck is going to break loose on the diet/food front for me. It’s so much easier to polish-off a bag of chips or box of crackers when no one is there to witness the indulgence, isn’t it? I hate it and I love it when he’s away. I hate it because I only have Duke to talk to, laugh with and pick-on while he’s gone. I love it because I don’t have to fight for space on the bed, pick-up stinky socks or belts or annoying little scraps of paper with random numbers written on them left on the kitchen counter and I don’t even have to attempt to be quiet while I get ready for work in the morning. Really honey, I do love you…and I’d miss it terribly if I didn’t have anyone to pick-up after! (I think.)

Wish me luck for tomorrow’s speculum adventures! Yipeeee for showing-off my cootchie to more strangers!

5 comments:

I Believe in Miracles said...

I can completely understand the break loose food syndrome...

Good luck with your HSG today!!

Mazzy said...

Good luck on your HSG!
Mine was more telling than I ever would have known!!
*hugs*

I Believe in Miracles said...

Thanks for the WW tip! I'm going to see if my work has something like that too. Good luck today!!

sara said...

Sending you lots of good luck for your HSG today and I'm hoping for it to at least give you some helpful answers. I hope it isn't too uncomfy and is done in a flash! I had to laugh about you picking up little pieces of paper with numbers written on them in the kitchen - my husband does the exact same thing! Thank you for you kind words lately - they really help. Hugs to you...and I'll check back soon to see how you did! Thinking of you...

J Sweet said...

I totally eat like crazy when my husband goes away too. Good luck with the hsg...hope it's painless quick and informative. Let us know how it goes!