This is my very LEAST favorite part of the day: the commute home.
Granted, it only takes me a mere 20-25 minutes to get from work to driveway, but the 5 pm traffic is ridiculous! People are talking on phones and swerving between lanes and cutting-off semi trucks...be still my racing heart! Now, I must admit, that part of my annoyance stems from the fact that I like to speed. I have a NEED for speed. 10 miles over the speed limit is pretty standard for me. I've never gotten a speeding ticket. (Did I just mark my head with a big red "X"...?!)
So it's just about that time of the day...time for the full body armor, a few prayers for safety and some much-needed deep breathing and meditation. So what about you? What's your favorite or least favorite part of the day? Do you have a long commute to and from work? Are you a serial speeder like I am?


4 comments:
I love the picture that goes with the post. It's great!!
So before we moved, we took the T (boston public transport) to work. It took 50 min+ door to door: walk to T station, get on train, switch trains, walk to work. Now we drive. Or should I say, hubby drives (we commute together - aren't we cute). The best door to door we've done is 17 min. The worst - 1 hour. Overall, much MUCH better than the T.
Now hubby drops me off at my office (I have to be there slightly earlier and our offices are a mile apart), and parks the car, walks to his office. In the evening, I walk to the garage, pick up the car, pick him up, and he drives home. Notice - I don't drive much. It's very nice. Much less stressful for me.
So my favorite part of the day would either be the car ride to and from work with hubby. We drive by the river every day and it is fun to see all the runners, crew people, and such. OR my favorite part (ask me again in the winter) is my mile walk from my office to the garage. I love the walk. It's super peaceful, I see tons of dogs, and people.
But yes - I speed. Hubby might drive 5 mi above the limit, I'm mostly a 9er. Good thing I don't drive much! I once got a 77 in a 55 (near DC). It was not my shining moment.
I like this post -- fun, interactive -- I can't wait to see what other people say.
Happy Friday!!
That picture is a great one! Yes - I used to hate my commute to work and I usually go about 10 over the speed limit as well. I hope your ride was alright and you have a great Friday. Yay for the weekend!
Yeah I speed like crazy too. My husband was off from work today so he and Finnie dropped me off and he goes so. slow. Drives me nuts. Heehee.
I can't believe you've never gotten a speeding ticket! You're pretty lucky. I'm trying to guess where you live from that pic and it could be anywhere!
Im pretty lucky when it comes to my morning and after-work commute. It usually only takes me at the most 10 minutes to get home. The thing that I hate the most is it seems that every major road in our city is being worked on and has been for the past year. That's what I hate!
Also, I tend to speed a bit. I usually try to stay no more than 6 or 7 over the speed limit, but sometimes when I am just ready to get home it's at least 10 over. :)
I have had one ticket since I started driving 8 years ago...I was going 70 in a 55. Didnt realize the speed limit had not gotten back to 60 yet. (I was coming home from out of town) So...way to go on the no speeding ticket! (Make sure to knock on some wood) :)
Post a Comment