So after AF’s birthday arrival, I can anticipate the next step in my diagnosis...the dreaded HSG! I’m assuming that it will take place some time this week…I hope! I called the scheduler this morning at 8:30 am and she said she needed to “pull up my chart” and that she’d call me back. It’s now just after 1 pm, and I’ve yet to hear from her. Communication is NOT this hospital’s strong point.
I did break-down and visit with my PCP last Wednesday. I knew I said I planned to wait until AFTER the 4th, but I just couldn’t do it! When I arrived at her office, I was escorted into “the room”… the neon-yellow room where we were given the fateful news that our baby hadn’t survived past the 10th week. It was really difficult to sit there all alone and have memories flood back like a million little knives. It was as if the loss was happening all over again…the knot in my stomach, the spinning room, staring at the clock that was stuck at 2:15. I was on the verge of tears with Dr. Wonderful popped into the room. I’m not sure if it was because my expectations were so low, or if Dr. Wonderful was in her best form, but the appointment was relatively painless from that point forward. It sounded like she had received ZERO feedback from the hospital that performed my D and C’s. She hadn’t even been updated about the status of the suspected molar pregnancy or the fact that I had to have a second procedure because the doctor that operated hadn’t been told about my MA. I guess she could have been in-touch with the hospital to get an update too, so I won’t place all the blame on them. Most importantly, she was open to giving me a referral to Reproductive Medicine. Yipeee!
I will see the RE on July 21st. I was surprised to learn that I could meet with her yet this month. I’m (cautiously) excited and hopeful that I’ll receive the care that I need with this practice. It’s the only reproductive clinic in the state of North Dakota and the only RE’s available within a 250-mile-radius. My boss doctored with one of the MD’s there during her pregnancy and had nothing but positive to report. I hope that I’ll have a HSG result to share with them during this visit.
In other news, I received the sweetest birthday present from my (preggo) sister and her husband. They picked-out a beautiful blue topaz and diamond teardrop pendant. Blue topaz is the birthstone for December…the month we would have had our baby. Just when I’m certain that I’m carrying this sorrow all on my own, someone does something like this to encourage and support me. What a blessing.
Finally, I am very happy to report that Duke's party was a success! I’ll have pictures for tomorrow’s post.
7 years ago


3 comments:
Happy belated birthday!! The earrings sound beautiful.
Good job getting an appointment! It's always nice having a next step. Hope it will be fruitful.
My HSG wasn't terrible. Although I have heard stories. But make sure you take some pain meds before hand (i.e. advil) and bring a pad. Good luck!
PS -- your anniversary is after ours. We were the 16th. AND IT WAS HOT. Our church didn't have a/c. My veil stuck to my back and my hubby dripped sweat off his nose like a faucet. Fun times. Actually - best day of my life. Weird that you can have that much fun in the heat, huh?
Sounds like things are going really well! Your sister sounds absolutely great - and very thoughtful. ( I love my sister as well.) July 21st is just around the corner and I'm so glad you got in. I remember I had so many mixed emotions around the time of my first RE appointment last year. I was so excited and hopefully but freaked out because I was like, "I don't really need to go to one - because that is for infertile women and that's not me!" Hang tough girl...you are doing an awesome job :-) Hugs!
Post a Comment