Once again, I’ll be waiting for my period to arrive before I’m given any definitive answers! Not really sure when I’ll learn that one waiting period usually leads right into the next waiting…for my period!The new RE I visited Monday morning was very nice, very professional and very reassuring. She showed me diagrams of the different configurations of Müllerian Anomalies (yawn!), explained each one and potential reproductive issues associated with that shape. I did appreciate the time she took to visit with me (almost an hour!) about my concerns with the bicornute diagnosis I had been give by the OB from a different hospital. I am also BEYOND thankful that this practice posts lab results through a secure online portal. I can email the nurse questions or concerns I have, and schedule appointments via email. No more waiting 3 weeks for illegible test results! Yipee!
Dr. D (as she will be known henceforth) basically reiterated many of the same things that I’ve diligently researched on Müllerian Anomalies over the past two months. Here are some of the highlights:
*Dr. D agreed that it was wise to do additional diagnostics before trying to conceive again.
~Although the Lap/Hyst is the “gold standard” for diagnostics of MA’s, she believes in my case, it would be a good idea to take the most conservative route possible to get an accurate diagnosis.
*A saline sonogram is generally good at showing the outer contours of the uterus if the uterus is not retroverted (How convenient, mine is!)
~MRI would be the second test ordered if saline sonogram is not definitive enough.
*Nothing in the radiology reports from my initial diagnosis indicates that my uterus is unquestionably bicornuate.
~Because of my mom’s history of miscarriage, I’m being tested for Factor V Leiden. What?! Another potential issue to add to my list of worries?!
This is what I was able to dig-up on Factor V’s impact on pregnancy:
“It is thought that Factor V Leiden increases the risk for recurrent fetal loss and has been associated with severe pre-eclampsia, unexplained intrauterine growth retardation, placental abruption, and stillbirth as well as maternal clotting during labor and in the postpartum period.”
If anyone out there in the blogosphere has any experience with or knowledge of Factor V clotting issues, I’d love to hear from you!
So all-in-all, I left this appointment feeling hopeful and reassured. I’m counting down to day 28—which would be July 31st. That is also the weekend C. and I were going to do our romantic Anniversary getaway—nice! Once “she” arrives, I can call to schedule an appointment for my saline sonogram.
Waiting period number three is now in the books and waiting period four commences!


No comments:
Post a Comment