Saturday, August 2, 2008

Now Introducing...


the absolute love of my life!

Ok, you can quit drooling. He's a sexy beast, I know. :) Actually, before you assume I've married an 82 year-old man, I'll explain! This is C.'s costume for a birthday party we're going to tonight. I'm sure he'd love the fact that I'm posting it here for all to see! It's my brother-in-law's 30th, and my sister is holding a surprise get-together with a Vegas casino-night theme. C. and I are going as the "tacky tourists." I'll post pictures of both of us later next week when we return from vacation! Let me just say that my outfit includes a romper with shoulder pads, leggings, wooden beads and white Velcro shoes. Aren't you jealous? It's been a monumental task to try to keep this all under-wraps from my super nosy BIL, but I have every confidence that it's going to be a fun time.

Another picture of the happy couple:


We took this one after dinner on our anniversary...which also included a bottle of wine. Hence, the goofy grin on my face.

Sunday morning, C. and I are off for a quick, celebratory anniversary getaway. In years past, I've been the one to choose the destination of our anniversary trips...once to Vegas, once to a beautiful bed and breakfast, but this year was C.'s turn to decide where we were headed. So we're off to see some Major League Baseball and hit-up an amusement/water park. Such a guy, I know! He's lucky his wife loves sports and rollercoasters and that I tolerate being in a swimsuit in public...just barely. We'll be back into town on Tuesday, and I'm headed back to work Wednesday, while C. gets to enjoy the rest of the week off. Not fair, huh?! I used-up all of my vacation time in May/June for medical reasons...booooo hissssss!

So PLEASE have a fantastic weekend. I'm sending up thoughts and prayers to all who are "in the wait," and I'll be anxiously anticipating updates when I return.

P.S. Today is CD 32 and still no sign that AF is going to visit. What the heck is going on with this body of mine?!

4 comments:

Megs said...

HAHAHA!! That is great! Definitely gave me a good laugh. Hope you guys have fun at the party! Also, have a wonderful Anniversary getaway! Enjoy the time together! CD 32 huh?? Hmmmm...:)

sara said...

Hope you guys have a great little getaway - and that photo and your description of your outfit has me rolling!!! Sorry about the 32 day cycle so far. I hope it gets back in gear for you. Have a great and safe trip :-)

J Sweet said...

Hee! Your husband's get-up reminds me of this famous sculpture:
http://www.saatchi-gallery.co.uk/artists/duane_hanson.htm

hee!

I Believe in Miracles said...

That outfit is out of this world awesome!! I want to see YOU TOO!!!

I hope you have a fabulous anniversary trip. How awesome is that. Vacation - no matter where - is just fun. I'm so excited for you.

Any news about AF? Or the lack of?