Tuesday, October 14, 2008

22 dpo: 5w1d

The results from Monday's blood draw are in! Hcg level is now at 4289 but my progesterone has dipped to 25.4. Is it normal for progesterone levels to fluctuate this much? I suppose they can when you're supplementing? I just can't mentally handle a consult with Dr. Google right now. If you have thoughts or comments about a similar experience...please weigh-in!

First ultrasound (6 weeks) will be Monday 10/20 at 8am. Eeeeeek!


I had a mild case of "vasovagal syncope" last night while I was giving myself a hep.arin injection. Thank goodness hubby was home to catch me and pull the needle out. He said I dropped like a brick. Scary! The PA at hemo's office said it's fairly common and that I should lie down while doing the shots from now on. Sounds like I need to invest in a fainting couch. (Think they would let me write that off as a medical device?!)

5 comments:

I Believe in Miracles said...

That sounds scary!!

Megs said...

wow...sounds a little scary, but glad you are okay now :) Really excited for Monday! Whoo hoo!!

Courtney said...

I don't know what vasovagal syncope is. Did you faint? Holy goodness, that's scary! You definately need to invest in a faiting couch (oh, and a fan to hold in your hand (a 'la scarlett o'hara) so you can really be prepared to faint! (although I definately hope this doesn't happen again!). Yikes!

Hope2morrow said...

I'm glad you are okay, but I have to admit I did chuckle, thinking of the whole scenario in my head. lad hubby was there to help you! Congrats on those high beta numbers. YEAH!

Anonymous said...

Dude! I *cannot* believe you've been giving yourself shots standing up! I do it in bed, because I do get that woozy feeling sometimes. Never passed out though! lol

My doc prescribed Prometri.um 2x a day (they are yellow pills) to be used vaginally instead of orally. Not sure whether that would get more progest.erone into your system than the Cri.none, but just a thought. Also, my doc said any level over 20 was fine, so as long as you're not continuing your decline, seems like you'll be fine.

I can't wait to see your u/s pics on Monday!!!!