Because extended family at the party included C.'s parents, BIL, SIL, their two kids and two dogs, we had overnight company this weekend. I hadn't anticipated everyone staying with us, but I also wanted to let C. have family close for his big day. I always stress when we have company. It means more cooking, more cleaning, more noise and chaos and 12 muddy doggy paws running around the house instead of the normal 4. 3 1/2 year-old nephew is not potty trained yet and the last time we had them stay with us, one of the parents put a messy diaper outside the back door and their dogs ripped into it and spread it all over the back yard. Blech. This time, he would go hide in a corner and "do his job" while saying "don't look at me!" I'm sorry if this sounds incredibly judgmental, but this little guy is almost 4 years old!?! Nephew is always really rough with Duke, and it makes Duke nervous and incredibly on-edge (me too!). Poor Duke even got a punch to the nose without so much as a second look from nephew's parents. All of the responsibility for the kids gets dumped-off on my FIL and MIL. They sleep in their bedroom, feed/dress/entertain them while BIL and SIL sit on the couch and watch TV. This meant the kids went to bed at 12 am and awoke promptly at 6 am. This was the perfect recipe for a very crabby 3 and 6 year-old! Company also meant being very stealthy about my shots and trying to pretend like I'm not overly tired, crabby and pukey. Added stress is NOT what I need right now. Ok, I promise the tiny violins have now stopped playing.

I think part of the problem is that the progesterone supplements (Crin.one) are kicking my behind. I cry more. LOTS more. I often have the strong desire to punch people directly in the throat. I crave pizza and fresh bread. I'm gassy and bitchy. I'm sure I'm a real *treat* to be around! So that being said...I apologize in advance to anyone who crosses my path at this point in my pregnancy. I swear I don't usually give perfect strangers the look of death. Really, I don't.
I'm currently 5 weeks preggers. My third beta is scheduled for Monday morning...yipeee! I'll be sure to update with my stats once I have them in-hand.
A GIGANTIC thank you, once again, to everyone who took time to leave words of encouragement. Each sentiment is very special to me. I hope everyone has been able to enjoy their weekend...it's been rainy and blah here in my part of the world. Hopefully you enjoyed sunshine.

3 comments:
Great to hear all is well! (When feeling like shit and being a bitch are actually good things)! lol!
Cheers to five weeks! Sounds like you had a very busy weekend. I hope you get to rest and relax this week! Take it easy, girl. And hang in there with the Crinone- it's a mess but totally worth using for the little one!
Sorry about the weekend. That sounded a little rough. I hear you on the meds making you crazy. The lupron is driving me nuts and I haven't started taking anything else!!
**BIG HUG**
Post a Comment