I had my very first, bona fide pregnancy-related craving last night. I've been getting really "morning" sick in the evenings. The nausea hits hardest at about 8 pm. So when I told hubby that I actually wanted to eat, it was my super-hero-husband-grocery-store-runner to the rescue! So what was the craving for?! A delicious cut of steak (barf!) or some fresh steamed veggies? Ummm...not so much. My body wanted Spaghetti O's. Plain-old, pre-cooked imposter pasta rings with sloppy tomato sauce. Husband joked that I'd better not overcook them because he knows how delicious Spag O's are when they're perfectly al dente. HarHar! Jol.ly Ran.chers are also one of my new BFF's. They've been my non-puke lifeline at work.And finally, a great big WELCOME and heartfelt thanks to all of this weeks ICLW visitors! Your kind words have meant so much. I don't know why I didn't participate in this event much sooner. I feel like I've met a whole new family of bloggers!


13 comments:
UH OH! Spaghetti O!
Great, thanks, now I know what I want for dinner.
UH OH! Spaghetti O!
Great, thanks, now I know what I want for dinner.
You know what? Spaghetti O's sounds great to me right now - even with the pukey land I'm in. I haven't had them in years and they have me salivating. That and the idea of sloppy joes. How weird am I, LOL! Thank you so much for your such kind words lately. It means a lot coming from people like you and M (uterus divided). All of us abnormal utes share a tight bond I've come to discover. We're kind of linked together through the bumps in the road. Know I'm always here to listen, even if I don't comment too much these days. Pretty soon I'll be boring back at home and commenting away again for you! Lots of hugs and more hugs. And give some belly rubs to your furry friends as well!
You could have far worse cravings like the legendary pickles and ice cream. So on the scale of things Spagetti O's aren't too bad. :)
ICLW
Hooray for preggie cravings and hooray for good old Spaghetti O's. Glad you've found something you can stomach!
My cravings were crackers with cheese and pickle - just about lived on it! :)
x
Yvonne
yummm.
pregnancy cravings are so weird!!
Hi. I found your site from iclw. This doesn't have to do with the post, but I saw the picture of your dog and (s)he (not sure which) is so cute.
My first pregnancy craving was Tic Tacs- the fruity flavors- weird! It is so odd what your mind can conjure that you may have not eaten for years... I assume SpaghettiO's are not on the regular menu at your house. :) And I have just lately been forcing myself to eat meat again- since the whole anemia thing started. I can totally get with you on that aversion.
Anyway, I hope you can survive these next few weeks of feeling like shit and getting used to the shots. You're a trooper, girl! I'm proud of you. :)
HAHAHHAHAHHAHAH. Spaghetti O's. Hilarious! But for some reason, that craving totally suits your fun personality.
What a great hubby to run to the store for you. You all are too cute.
How bizarre. I wonder if I've had spaghetti o's more than twice in my life. Not sure if I remember what they taste like...
Hope the rest of the weekend went well!!
***HUGS***
Wow. They just look creepy.
Mmmmm...I love Spaghetti O's!! I havent had them for quite a while, but they are good! And how great of hubby to run to the store just to pick them up for you!
Give the furbaby a big hug for me!!
((Hugs))
Classic!!! I hope that everything goes smoothly for you :)
I also wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog- it was very sweet of you...
Post a Comment