
Get this, I also read that milk (yes, milk) can increase serum (blood) levels of progesterone because of the hormone shots that cows are given to stimulate greater milk production! I’m NOT usually a milk drinker…you'll rarely see me without a water bottle…but I stopped and got myself a big jug of NF skim milk after work today. (As gross as it sounds to me at this point, I'll try anything.) I'm sure husband is going to LOVE this little tidbit of information considering he drinks enough milk on a weekly basis to warrant BUYING our own cow to milk.
We have an out-of-town wedding to attend this weekend. Hubby's cousin is getting married and C. is the best man. I managed to find a dress that will cover my sausage-like torso and hopefully not raise any suspicions with C.'s family. News travels like friggin' wildfire with that group of chatty women. We're sharing a room with MIL and FIL (whose genius idea was that?!) and I'm going to have to be stealthy about my hep.arin shots again. I'm just afraid my night-sickness is going to make me a major party-pooper at the reception. I'm also afraid that all the drunken relatives are going to drive my sober-self bonkers. Ahhhh...but sweet little baby, you're SO worth it!


16 comments:
Congratulations!
I hope you have a great weekend.
Good luck this weekend. Go cows!! That cartoon is super cute.
**HUGS**
Ewwww I hate milk! But, I would probably hold my nose and drink it too for this :) Or, add a bunch of chocolate to it. Or consider starbucks as part of my routine to keep the baby healthy :) (decaf of course!)
Good luck at the wedding this weekend. Sharing a room with the inlaws? Seriously, I just threw up a little.
Welcome to the dark side with us Milk drinkers! Mmmm...it's so good. Your determination is admirable and we've been praying for you, and will continue to do such! Good luck with the MIL/FIL this weekend. Don't forget to lay down when you take your shots!
Have fun this weekend! It will all turn out fantastically. Love that comic, btw. Beautiful US, too! Celebrate! ICLW
Keep reminding yourself of that- Sweet little baby, you are well worth it!
Have fun!
Oh I wish I could drink milk! It tears my stomach up! Yes we are close in due dates, mine is June 5th! Unless they change it tomorrow at my appt! Try to not be so worried, especially if your doctor isn't worried. The long hard road of infertility has this nice way of robbing newly pregnant infertiles of enjoying their pregnancies. I am just beginning to be cautiously excited after hearing the heart beat, but it feels good to let go of some of the anxiety. Hang in there!
I hope you have a good weekend and no I had about the milk. I guess that is freakin cool!
It's for those reasons I refuse to drink nothing but organic milk. I'm scared of the added horomones!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Good luck with hiding the shots :)
**Hugs**
Have fun this weekend.
ICLW
Congrats and I hope your progestorone behaves better after your milk! ;)
ICLW.
Congrats! I love milk. (ICLW)
Congratulations! I hope the milk works...I could drink it at every meal...and plenty in between. I also have a bicornuate uterus, btw. When did they find yours?
(ICLW)
Congrats on your pregnancy. It is quite normal for progesterone levels to fluctuate during pregnancy.
I remember having to hide my lovenox shots during a visit to my parents house during my last pregnancy. Best of luck getting through the weekend without the secret leaking out.
ICLW
Ooooh congrats! Just found your blog through ICLW - what an amazing journey! So happy for you and wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy :)
Good like at the wedding!!!!!
x
Yvonne
Post a Comment